Monday, May 13, 2013

Indigo Bananas: Halcyon and Maui

More incredible polishes from Indigo Bananas! I really can't get enough of these stunning colors. Today I have the gorgeous Halcyon and Maui, and a bonus bourgie banana queen.

Indigo Bananas Halcyon


Halcyon is, very fittingly, a lovely indigo shimmer with pigment that shifts blue, purple, and pink. So depending on the lighting or angle, it can vary from navy blue, to rich purple, and even magenta.


This was actually one of the polishes I won through Indigo Bananas' banana fan art contest (SO FUN). Here is my rendition of Marie Banantionette that I submitted:



As one can expect with Indigo Bananas polishes, Halcyon had an excellent, well-pigmented formula that was easy to apply and opaque in three coats. Clean up was also much easier than I was anticipating with such a rich blue, and I don't believe I had any staining.



I finally tried Maui, one of Indigo Bananas' most popular colors and the first one that really made me go WOW, and it was everything I hoped it would be and more!

Indigo Bananas Maui

Maui is a dazzling multichrome polish that shifts from teal to navy to violet, and even fuchsia at extreme angles. There are also holographic microglitters scattered throughout that give Maui a ton of amazing sparkle. This color is absolutely perfect! It doesn't need undies, the shift is incredible and easy to see, it has an excellent formula, AND it sparkles rainbows! Definitely one of my all-time favorite polishes.



As I mentioned, Maui's formula is also just perfect: smooth and easy to apply, and opaque in three coats.



Oh yeah, I took a lot of pictures! There's just so much awesome going on and I really wanted to capture all of it!




All of the Indigo Bananas polishes I've tried have been so amazing; I always look forward to trying more of Andrea's beautiful creations.

Indigo Bananas polishes are for sale in her Etsy shop, and you can find lots of info/pictures/banana fan art/and much more on her website. Check her out on Facebook, too, for polish previews, news, and giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment